Creative Play Central is the home of innovative play ideas and highly creative experiences for children.
Creative Play Central is committed to nurturing children's creativity.
Exposing children to creative experiences and inspiring them to think in creative ways is essential because:
- Engaging in creative pursuits gives children the opportunity to use problem solving skills, such as thinking of alternative ways to use materials to produce an original creation, or modifying a design to improve the end product. Employing problem solving skills at a young age, in a fun way, allows children to develop and strengthen these valuable skills that are required throughout life.
- Creating original pieces allows children to experiment and learn through trial and error, an important life lesson.
- It develops lateral thinking. In a world which increasingly values and relies on innovation, it is essential that children are involved in experiences that require them to think laterally as well as be able to 'think outside the box".
- Creating is an excellent way for children to extend their vocabulary, as well as communicate their thoughts, ideas and knowledge visually.
- Creative experiences teach children resilience, persistence, patience and that tinkering can lead to fascinating discoveries.
- It allows children to strengthen fine motor skills as they thread, mould and create.
- Children can express their feelings and individuality. Children experience a sense of accomplishment when they are responsible for designing and creating an original piece.
It has been said that "creativity is the currency of the future". The transferrable skills that are developed and strengthened while enjoying creative experiences are valued and synonymous with innovation and success.